25 Sep '12
Posted by 69943844 in Black Trillium, brooklyn tweed, etsy, kal, kits, knit-along, knitting, Patterns, special, turnagain, yarn
Every year I'm relieved to be able to start wearing my woolen hand-knits again. Being back in the Willamette valley, that time of year comes a tad bit later that up in the Cascade Foothills outside Seattle. Knitting season is definitely back, though, and I want to celebrate this lovely fall with a special knit-along. Brooklyn Tweed’s latest in-house collection has the most spectacular two-sided cowl, called Turnagain. Knit in the round and then grafted closed, this pattern is ideal for sock yarns that are drapey and lovely next to the skin. I’m casting on this week to test out the pattern, and I’ll be posting photos on my blog as I go. Details for the knit-along are as follows:
- Kits will be available via my Etsy site.
- You can choose six colors (see here for an alphabetical list and here for a list grouped by color) and I’ll wind the kit for you.
- Or – you can choose from one of the kits I put together.
- Kits will include six colors, 1 full skein – color C, 1 - 3/4 skein – color D, 2 - 1/2 skeins – colors A & F, 2 – 1/4 skeins – colors B & E, a print copy of the pattern, and one little surprise.
- Merilon Sock kits will be $76 plus shipping, Pebble Sock kits will be $79 plus shipping. There is a really limited amount of Lilt hanging around, so if you’d like your kit in Merino/Silk, please email me ASAP.
- Deadline for kit orders: October 16th continental US, October 6th international.