Friday, July 17th - A List
"What does culture want? To make infinity comprehensible." - Umberto Eco in a 2009 interview about list-making.
My lists are nothing to Mr. Eco, but I like them mightily.
1. I finished by Road Trippin' Cowl using 1 skein each of Fjord and Natural on Prime. My gauge was way off (I thought) so I stopped several repeats early. Turns out my stitch gauge was off, but not my row gauge. Good times.
2. I'm feeling compelled to cast on a second Road Trippin' using 4 shades of a Plum Lilt Gradient and a skein of Lilt Sock in Natural. I'd go down a needle size from the previous project and do the proper number of repeats.
3. Casting on Helios yesterday was one of those brain-bending beginnings that I had to put it down after the first 30 rows. It was awesome. Why? Using 2 cable needles at the same time.
5. Two Fridays in a row we've gone out to Sauvie Island Farms and picked things. Today's haul was 26lbs of blueberries, 4lbs of kale, 22lbs of peaches, 1 cabbage, and 1 very scared little green frog that hitched along on the greens. Set for blueberries, we are.
6. No matter how many times the Blue Angels fly overhead this week, it doesn't bother me. Noise isn't my thing, but these guys are so cool.
That is all. Carry on.