07 Feb '13
Galanthus KAL - Details
With the beginning of the Galanthus knit-along nearly here, I thought it might be nice to have some details & guidelines in bullets.
- We're knitting Galanthus by the glorious Star Athena. I would describe it as a cozy little matching hat & mitt set that is perfect for our Pacific Northwest spring weather. Two colors are used so you can have a low or high contrast set that matches all your outerwear! Even the name is perfect - Galanthus are snow drops, some of the first little spring bulbs to peep their wee blooms out of the newly thawed earth.
- Star and I chose to work with Pebble Worsted for this project because we wanted a quick and satisfying way to work with two colors in a multi-step project. For the KAL, you will need to choose from the pre-order colors available on my Etsy site or two colors from the regular Worsted section, although please note that if you do the latter you will need to convo me so we can arrange for you to buy the pattern as well.
- This KAL will last from February 15th to May 31st, 2013.
- All kits include 2 to 3 skeins of yarn, the pattern, and a coupon code good for your next purchase from Black Trillium Fibres' Etsy shop.
- The pattern is designed so that your main color choice on the hat (or mitts, whichever you start first) is the contrast color for the second piece(s). If you would prefer to have the main color stay the same throughout you will need to choose the 3 skein option and leave me a note with which color is your MC.
- The pattern has 3 sizes.
- The pattern includes charts as well as written instructions, and at no point are you working with two colors in the same row (stranded knitting).
- A Ravelry chat thread has been initiated so you can post pictures of your cast-on, progress and finished wearables. See here.