Sunlit Glass Exclusive Knit-along
Our third KAL of the year is here, and we hope you'll be as excited as we are about it:
Sunlit Glass is an asymmetrical shawl designed especially for us by the lovely and talented Kirsten Kapur of Through The Loops. We've worked many of her designs over the years, so having one made just for our yarns is a real treat!
This piece is a lovely combination of stitch patterns including some alternating garter and slipped stitches, as well as a lace section worked only in the main color. All of the instructions are offered in both written and charted form, and you'll need one 32" or larger circular needle as well as a few stitch markers. You can buy your kits now right here.
Kirsten's original sample is worked up in Falconer and Sugar Flowers, and we've knit up a couple more combinations so you can see how this shawl will work with a speckle painted yarn as well as a lower-contrast color pairing. Above left is Graphene and Super Happy Fun, and right is Robin's Egg and Silverlight. Here they are up close:
So go get your kit ordered, and join us for another fun knit-along! We've selected about 22 interesting combinations. As usual, it was touch picking from our 300+ repeatable colors, and we tried to go with some unusual and fun pairings to shake things up a bit.
As always, we're conducting the majority of our KAL via Ravlery, and have started a thread so you can post pictures, questions, etc. Here are some important notes about the KAL and kit:
- This KAL runs July 1 through August 31, 2016. Prizes are offered, please review eligibility in the Ravelry discussion thread header.
- The pattern, Sunlit Glass, is exclusively available in the kit until the end of the KAL, after which time it will be available a la carte on Blacktrilliumfibres.com until the end of November 2016.
- If you have further questions, please check out our FAQ page, and if you can't find what you need there you can email us at email@example.com.
- All photos featuring Sunlit Glass in Falconer & Sugar Flowers are courtesy the designer, Kirsten Kapur, and may not be reproduced in any form without her written permission.
- The pattern PDF is copyright Black Trillium Fibres and may not be distributed or reproduced in any way without written permission.