Every year I’m relieved to be able to start wearing my woolen hand-knits again. Being back in the Willamette valley, that time of year comes a tad bit later that up in the Cascade Foothills outside Seattle. Knitting season is definitely back, though, and I want to celebrate this lovely fall with a special knit-along.
Brooklyn Tweed’s latest in-house collection has the most spectacular two-sided cowl, called Turnagain. Knit in the round and then grafted closed, this pattern is ideal for sock yarns that are drapey and lovely next to the skin. I’m casting on this week to test out the pattern, and I’ll be posting photos on my blog as I go.
Details for the knit-along are as follows:
- Kits will be available via my Etsy site.
- You can choose six colors (see here for an alphabetical list and here for a list grouped by color) and I’ll wind the kit for you.
- Or – you can choose from one of the kits I put together.
- Kits will include six colors, 1 full skein – color C, 1 – 3/4 skein – color D, 2 – 1/2 skeins – colors A & F, 2 – 1/4 skeins – colors B & E, a print copy of the pattern, and one little surprise.
- Merilon Sock kits will be $76 plus shipping, Pebble Sock kits will be $79 plus shipping. There is a really limited amount of Lilt hanging around, so if you’d like your kit in Merino/Silk, please email me ASAP.
- Deadline for kit orders: October 16th continental US, October 6th international.
Guidelines: We’ll be knitting from November 1st to January 31st, so you’ll have plenty of time to finish your cowl. I originally suggested October 1st, but I want everyone to have time to get the kits they want. Everyone who finishes within the KAL time frame will be entered to win a special prize bag! To be eligible to win the prize, you must show us a photo of your finished cowl knit from Black Trillium Fibre Studio yarns. Of course, there will be a chat thread in my Ravelry group to show off your cast-on’s, FO’s, and throw out pattern questions.
Any questions, orders for kits, and photos of your finished cowl can be emailed to me at blacktrillium [at] popculturezoo [dot] com.